Buying a Baby Crib – Safe, Designed & Budget
How to buy a baby crib furniture? Buying baby furniture is not an easy task for parents. There are so many factors to take into consideration like safety, budget and design. In this short post we will try and give you some insights on how to buy a baby crib which will fit your needs.
What Are Your Baby Crib Needs
Have you thought what are your needs from the baby crib? What is the main objective you wish to accomplish once the crib is in the nursery? Should it fit other furniture you all ready have? Does it need to impress your parents who gave you a large sum of money to buy the first grandson furniture? Should it be inside a tight budget (especially at these days)?
There is one objective there is no doubt all parent expect from their baby crib, and that is to be safe for their baby. A safe crib is a must, even if it means to add some more money than you planned.
A safe crib should be:
- Sturdy, not to wobble.
- No moving parts so the little fingers won’t get caught
- The distance between the rails not to far, so a head can not slide between them.
- Non toxic paint, so the baby will not breath toxic odors all night.
- JPMA, ASTM and CPSC safety certified
How To Choose A Crib Design
Here are some questions you might want to ask yourself, concerning the crib’s design and color?
- Where will the crib be placed?
- How big is the room?
- Are there other children in that room?
- Are there any other children in the family?
- Will the crib need to be moved around the house?
- Which other furniture surround it?
- What color and interior decor theme you have in your home?
- Does the baby nursery have any dominant colors?
- What are your thoughts about gender theme colors (pink for girls)
The themes for a designed crib will be the color of the crib: white, natural, ebony or even grey crib (new at Amazon) .
You might need a folding crib, which can be folded or moved from one room to the other.
Finding A Crib Which Meets Your Budget Needs
What are your budget needs. There are some very expensive cribs at Amazon over $1000 each (some of them are ugly!) but do you have $1000 to spend on a crib?
What is your budget? If you are tight on cash you should think of a 4 in 1 crib.
4 in 1 crib will transform into a toddler bed and then into a child’s bed, with very simple adjustments. There are some beautiful designed for 4 in 1 cribs, with high parents ratings which cost well below $300 – Like this DaVinci 4 in 1 crib (see pic).